Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Eggplant and ripe tomato curry

Full of delicious veggies!
Spice: 1 out of 10
Rating: 9 out of 10

Today I thought I would tell you about the greatest vegetarian curry I've ever had - Eggplant and ripe tomato curry. To be fair - most curry has meat in it so I can't say that I've eaten a ton of vegetarian curry.  However, this curry can go up against any protein-filled curry any day.

If you don't like eggplant, you probably won't like this curry.  This is yet another curry sent from Japan and I picked it based on the picture. I love eggplant but had never had it in curry before so I was intrigued.

As soon as I opened the pouch I knew it was a good choice.  A great aroma filled the air immediately and as you've read here before, this usually means a tasty curry!!  It came as no surprise that not only did it smell really nice, but it tasted just as good, if not slightly better.

This curry isn't spicy at all. It was just about the mildest curry you can get without it turning into water.  Even though I'm a fan of relatively spicy curry I didn't mind that this one was as mild as it gets.  It's very creamy and sweet which doesn't lend itself to a lot of spiciness.

It seems to me that whenever a curry is creamy it is also sweet.  Perhaps there is a spicy and creamy curry out there, but I can't think of one off the top of my head. Maybe it's been done and wasn't a good combination.  All I know is that sweet and creamy makes for a wonderful combination in a Japanese curry.

The vegetables were all cooked really well.  They practically melt in your mouth and I don't mean just the eggplant.  Even the potato almost melts in your mouth!  Creamy curry with vegetables that almost melt is like a spoonful of heaven. 

This is without a doubt the best vegetarian curry I've had so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment